As we walked through the crowds of Plaza Singapura, her hands felt so smooth like silk woven from the finest silk ever produced. Melanie had asked me for a last time together, her hands had that slight tremble i once felt before.
"Dear, will you still remember me 10 years down?", she called.
"Of course I do, in fact, i'll name my first daughter after you.", i responded almost as if i had anticipated that question.
We wanted to catch the movie, 'P.S. I Love You' but it was fully booked. We headed off to walk elsewhere instead until finally we sat in front of the fountain.
Melanie's doe eyes looking at me intently.
"I'm sorry it didn't work out Melanie. I'm sure you would be happy with someone else. I'm sure....", i continued, ignoring her woeful expression.
"You're wrong..... you're wrong..." while tears crawled up against her eyes.
"I wanted to get married so much... but you're just not ready. I'm sorry dear. i shouldn't have asked you first. I'm sorry...", she continued with a ruffled voice.
"Such a sweet girl." I thought as i hugged her tightly around my arms.
We sat at the fountain for some time watching the lights of the fountain light up amidst the creative display of waterworks of the fountain. Melanie just didn't want to let go.
When we were driving home on the PIE, something in me told not to mumble a word. I could sense the awkwardness in the kind of relationship we were having. This was unlike her, Melanie was almost always full of life; just the kind of girl to light up one's life.
As the silence went on, the radio was playing 'Linger' by the Cranberries. While the song got to its chorus part, Melanie burst into tears almost instantly. i kept my silence still; waiting. I wondered with so much cruelty, I just wondered if she could forgive me.
I parked the vehicle alongside Buckley Road, which is adjacent to her luxurious bungalow.
"Please...." Melanie wilfully requested as she dragged me to her bedroom.
"Will you spend the last night with me?.........", her voice echoed.
--to be continued.
by the way, if you want to listen to the Cranberries song.
Click here.
its a very classic song. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment